Control Access Online
Any access system will fall into one of two main categories: On-line or Standalone. Progeny P4 Access Systems control access in both stand-alone and on-line (from a computer). The engineer’s keypad gives access to all the user and engineers functions. This means the controller can be installed and operational without a PC or network. All Progeny products come with our LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Online Access Control Systems
- Fully distributed intelligence
- Scalable from 1 to an unlimited number doors
- Also available with Ethernet and GPRS connection
Apart from some server based features, the access controller is not dependent on any central hardware or software. If the network connection is lost, all the controllers will continue to work. This makes for a robust access system.
Stand Alone Features
- Programmable Stand Alone
- There is a built in engineers keypad
- The “Key switch Programming” option for codes simplifies code change
Stand Alone Discovery Mode
New stand-alone discovery mode features eliminate the need for complicated programming to add cards. Just put the controller into discovery mode and present one or as many cards as you wish to add to that door.
Connectivity for Online Access Control:
- Ethernet (IP Addressable) over LAN or WAN
- Power over Ethernet PoE (IP Addressable)
- GPRS (IP Addressable)
Capacity & Speed:
- 32,000 Card holders (Credentials)
- 8000 Event Log Buffer
- 3 x Network performance
- 40mS worst case 128,000 card look up
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Power over Ethernet distributes power to the door control equipment over the same CAT 5 twisted pair data cables used to communicate with the Crystal.net controller. This can save installation time and cost.
The Crystal Controllers have the traditional relay to switch the positive wire of the electric lock supply. However, they also have a new Electronic Switch in the negative wire. This allows for some new lock driving modes that will reduce if not eliminate relay contact wear and extend the life of the controller.
The modes are:
- Standard (Relay only)
- Protected (Relay and Electronic Switch)
- Electronic (Electronic Switch only) Fail Secure
- Electronic (Electronic Switch only) Fail Open